I've become one of those Moms.....Those mom-people that back in my days of being career-minded, childless and working on my degree - that I'd roll my eyes at, and think I had it all....
- I drive an SUV...(yes, it's still sinking in)
- I am a "kept woman".... (a stay at home mom)
- We keep a busy schedule of weekly activities - Play gym, bible study, play dates, moms group activities, library classes....whatever gets me out of this
prison cellliving room.
- I have 'that look' - the harried, fatigued mom chasing after a shrieking, giggling banshee-on the verge of the terrible twos-kid, that also delights in gagging himself to the point of vomiting - then giggles....that people look at with either sympathy or dirty looks and roll their eyes.
- I find myself singing to get my son's attention....in public. And people think I'm insane.
- I wear running shoes all the time now, and suddenly realize I've had the same shirt on for 3 days and there's a yogurt splotch on it that looks like...wellll, it's really gross.
- Is wearing men's jeans like wearing mom jeans?
- I take pictures of my boy constantly, doing just about everything - including putting clothes in the dryer, picking lint off the floor! (OCD Mom! lol)
- A good day is when my child doesn't eat too much dog food, I don't get a black eye or fat lip from airborne toys, we've only had to change clothes twice, haven't lost a shoe, and he has a nice solid poop and gets a good nap....and I get the sweetest slobbery kiss and a big hug. Now that makes it all worthwhile....