Cuisinart’s G4 Griddler is a versatile indoor grill/griddle with removable non-stick plates.
Photo from Cuisinart Website
- Brushed Stainless Steel, Cool-Touch exterior
- Removable, Non-stick Grill and Griddle Plates - dishwasher safe
- Plate design allows grease to drip away from food
- Drip tray included to collect grease
- Dishwasher safe scraper tool included
- Adjustable temperature: 200-425 for Griddle, and Warm-Sear for Grill
- Griddle/Grill selector knob
- Panini press style handle with floating hinge that adjusts to food thickness
- Approx. 200 square inches of cookspace
- Versatile - Can be used as a closed/contact grill, open grill, open griddle, Panini press, or combination - of griddle on one side, grill on the other.
- Plates are marked Upper/Lower - and easily attach and remove
- Non-stick plates make clean up easy
- Good size - can cook multiple foods at once.
- Adjustable heat - Good temp for grilled sandwiches
- Separate heat controls - great for grilling & using griddle simultaneously
- Drip cups a bit small (however, there are 2 included)
- Grease can tend to run down the sides/back
I had a GF grill previously and was disappointed with the limited capabilities, the size, the non-removable plates that were hard to clean. I found it very messy. I was attracted to the versatility of the removable plates and that the Griddler G4 can be used several different ways.
When used closed as a contact grill, the floating hinge allows the lid to adjust to the thickness of your food.
It has consistently heated quickly and evenly - making grilled sandwiches crispy & brown outside, and hot inside. I like how it sears meat and locks in the juices!
Closed, you can cook 2 chicken breasts or 2-3 burgers. As an Open grill or griddle you can grill up to 4 burgers per side, or 6-8 small pancakes on the griddle plates. Some large families might find the Griddler a bit small but for average families (less than 5 people) it’s a good sized cooking surface.
I prefer to use it opened flat. I really like the option of being able to grill on one side and use a griddle plate on the other. This is especially nice when cooking two foods that you don’t want touching, such as beef and chicken, or when making steak and eggs or sausages and pancakes.