If you know anything about me, you know that I'm a bit OCD about organization, planning, and lists. I made a packing list that I print and follow every time we travel. It helps me
Feel free to check out & print my Toddler Packing List HERE . It's just a list of our basic necessities. You may wish to add other items to your list. If you have any ideas/suggestions - please let me know!
Some tips for making the trip a positive one for your kiddo:
- Bring some upbeat toddler CDs and sing along!
- Bring the fave blankie & lovey that your child sleeps with and maintain the same naptime rituals such as reading a fave book.
- Pack a bag of snacks, paper towels & a change of clothes and keep close at hand.
- Bring a small cooler with juice, water & milk.
- If you're on a long trip, stop often and let your toddler get some exercise.
- Have a goodie bag next to the carseat with books & some new toys or ones you've had out of rotation for awhile.
- Bring child's fave DVDs & player if available.
- Simple games for Toddlers - Animal Noises, Puppet Show, Treasure Bottle*, Alphabet games (name what you see along the road), Count Cars by color, Finger Play songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider.
*Copyright 2010. Retrogirl. AMF.