Drawing in the Sand
Welcome to the July 29th edition of Thursday Thunks!
The folks at TT pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture. Then go to the TT site and leave a link. Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Janera Jepson's eyes and the number 3.
1. We know how creative Berleen is with her terrific tee-shirts and such, so how about you? Do you draw anything or perhaps your name in the sand when you go to the beach? I really love mixed photography, media art, art journaling, painting, collage and being artsy in general. However, since I became a parent, I really don't have the time to devote to art anymore. I really miss it and hope to be able to devote time to me and to art when my son is a little older.
2. Kimber doesn’t always leave her house. I wonder if she knows what is out her back door. What is out your back door? A huge privacy fenced yard, with a beautiful flagstone patio with a nice patio set and grill, a cedar swingset/climber for Isaac with a sitting area along side, two white river birch trees, and perennial beds...oh and a nice bubbly little water feature just outside the door.
I love the beach. If I had my way, I'd live somewhere near a beach year round. I feel so at peace and so whole when I'm near the ocean. I do like the privacy of having a pool at times, though, when I just need a cooling off or relaxing swim. I grew up having a big pool in our yard, and also we had one when we lived in Ky....really miss it.
4. What is something recently that happened to you that you are REALLY excited about? Nothing that fab has happened lately, really. I was happy to get a job and get back to working.
5. I am fortunate that I come from a very close family. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? If not did you ever meet them? None of my great grandparents or grandparents are living anymore. I knew my Great grandpa (dad's grandpa) until he died when I was in 1st grade. My mom's parents (who we kids were not very close to) died around 1990. My precious grandma (dad's mom) died about 8 years ago and I still mourn her passing, we were very close. My grandpa (dad's estranged dad) just died a couple years ago.
6. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? Tell us about it. Probably when I started working in HR for the first time about 10 years ago and led meetings at my office and held classes in MS Word for the staff.
7. Have you ever bungee jumped? Would you ever bungee jump? HELL to the NO! (repeat, repeat). I have an INTENSE fear of heights and falling. Might be because I tried to slide down the bannister of our old house when I was 3 and fell about 20 feet down to the floor, and landed on a metal floor air-vent and fractured my arm.
8. How strong emotionally do you think you are? Some would think I'm emotionally stronger than I think I am right now, given all I've been through in my life (Death of family, death of close friends, health and personal issues, divorce, moving to new states/jobs twice, remarrying, adoption later in life...) I think I used to be much stronger emotionally than I am now. Sometimes I feel weak and dependant on my Hubby for so much...he's my rock. I am really trying to get myself back to a strong, independant state...
9. Kimber and Berleen still have NEVER met, yet they are best friends. What is the first thing you notice about people when you meet them? Hmm probably in this order - their eyes and smile, and their personality - how they are (sincere, genuine, real or fake, shallow, respectful or not, etc) and treat others.
10. Who do you mess with the most? If you mean who do you tease, kid, or joke - My hubby and my son lol. We like to laugh and be silly!
11. Who was the last person you talked to on a landline? My hubby called from Delhi India. He was on a business trip.
12. I finally saw Avatar this week. What was the last movie you watched long after it came out and loved? Ghost Town (via netflix) and it sorta sucked. lol. I shoulda went with my first instinct when I didn't go see it sooner. We did recently see Avatar and I enjoyed it a whole lot more than I thought I would. I wasn't super impressed by the ending though.
13. What did you dream about last night? Some weird dream about being in a giant church that you had to climb very high ladders to get into...I was climbing with children and adults, and then saw a bunch of my old work friends and a friend from high school who kept trying to hug me. In the dream I had wavy long dark Rapunzel type hair. LOL WTH?!!! (I have short red hair in real life...) No, I don't take drugs, and didn't eat anything spicy before bed!