WHAT IS THURSDAY THUNKS? Thursday Thunks (TT) is a blog meme written by Berleen, Kimber & Bud - because really, they had nothing better to do with their Thursdays. It's for those who need a little kick in the butt to find something to post about. We picked Thursday because... well, it's an odd day. Thursday is odd, isn't it?
Go check it out for the questions & how to link up HERE
This week's TT questions are brought to you by Bud & the color of his eyes and the number 333333.
1. The temperature in Mooseheadville, Canada was 34 below. Most of the U.S. is in a serious heat wave. In Connecticut, it was 92 degrees in the shade. What do YOU do to beat the heat? Stay in the air conditioning since we don't have a pool, take cool showers....or play in the sprinkler with our 2 year old sun and drink plenty of ice water!
2. What is your favorite summertime song? I love beachy music all year long...a few that come to mind: Bob Marley's Jammin', Jimmy Buffett's Volcano Song, Weezer's Island in Sun, Blake Shelton's Some Beach....
3. Besides nude beaches what's your favorite outdoor summer activity? Um I'll pass on the nude beach. When the temps are reasonable - love to garden, go to the park, zoos, outdoor flea/antique markets, play outside with our son and grill out. When temps are blazing hot - swim if possible, or play in the sprinklers.
4. I'm inviting everyone to a cook-out with Kimber and Berleen. What should I cook for you? How about some grilled marinated chicken, or some good southern BBQ ribs?
5. When selecting your swimwear do you go for sexy or practical? Practical, comfortable, and good support/coverage for my ample cleavage lol.
6. Back in the day, did you ever have a summer fling? If yes, do tell. (Names not required.) Not really a fling...remember lots of summer flirting, parties, and fun hanging out with guys as a teenager.
7. Do you know anyone who hates air conditioning? If yes, what is their reasoning? No, I don't. While I loathe winter with every fiber of my DNA, and love warm weather - I cannot sleep in a hot humid house. I cannot understand anyone who refuses to have A/c.
8. When and with who was your last skinny dip? Oh jeez. My hubby, and in 2005 when we lived back home in Ky.
9. How sick of LeBron James are you? Le-Who? LOL - Seriously I had to Google him - I am not a sports fan at all. So, no, I'm not sick of him. I AM sick of all this Twilight vampire crap though! And of all the movie re-makes of old movies, old cartoons and old TV shows! Doesn't anyone have an original thought anymore? There are tons of fabulous books being written---make THEM into new movies!
10. When you were a kid, what was your best summer? Two that come to mind: The summer my dad put up our pool, and the summer we went to Florida and I took my BFF/Cousin when we were both 15. What a blast!
11. Belly up to the bar. We serve ANYTHING. It's 100 degrees. What should we pour for you? Ice cold Mikes Hard Cranberry Lemonade....or frozen Strawberry daquiri. Or just plain pink lemonade will do, really.
12. Is there a favorite meal that you like to have in the summer? Hmm. maybe just really juicy tender marinated grilled chicken and also love fresh pineapple, strawberries, and a good salad in the warm months.
13. Do you think they will solve the oil spill in time for the Gulf states to enjoy summer? Sadly, Probably not. The whole situation is horrible and so tragic and possibly could've been avoided....makes my heart sick.